The check-up (examination) is a set of laboratory analyses of various body systems and function tests of your organs. The examination is a set of actions aimed at identifying possible pathologies that may prevent you from getting pregnant, safely carrying foetus and giving birth to a healthy baby.
Also, the fertility test is recommended as an alternative to the annual prophylactic gynaecologist examination, especially for women over 35. It allows women to learn the readings of their "biological clocks" and understand how they can maintain their natural fertility for as long as possible.
Indications for the check-up
Every woman planning to become a mother must pass a complete check-up, regardless of how the conception will occur – naturally or using Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). When resorting to ART, the examination before IVF has its own special aspects, since the list of analyses for IVF is approved by the legislation.
Indications for the women examination:
• planning of pregnancy;
• lack of a desired pregnancy for 6-12 months;
• women's late reproductive age (over 35 years).
Examinations at MAMA Riga Clinic
MAMA Riga Clinic provides a wide range of services in the field of women diagnostics during pregnancy planning, lack of a pregnancy and the examination prior to IVF:
• our experienced professionals (fertility specialist, gynaecologist, ultrasound specialist);
• laboratory tests;
• ultrasound examinations (pelvic organs' ultrasound, tubal patency ultrasound test, mammary duct ultrasound and thyroid gland ultrasound);
• genetic tests (karyotyping, detection of genetic polymorphisms);
• our own cryobank (for freezing and storing your eggs or ovarian tissues)
• hormonal level testing.
If you wish to become a mother, we can fulfil your dream! Fertility preservation, infertility diagnostics, ultrasound diagnostics during infertility, tests for IVF, ultrasound examination prior to IVF. Our specialists are always here to advice you on the methods of infertility diagnostics and explain about the tests necessary for IVF and examination before IVF. They will always help you if you are facing cancer diagnosis and want to give biological birth to your child even after chemotherapy.